Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Trip Around the World Quilt

This was my first quilt, made for my daughter, Sarah, when she was about 5 years old. For beginners, a quilt like this, called Trip Around the World, is a good place to start. I followed the Eleanor Burns method, Quilt In A Day, and it was an easy quilt to make. Sarah picked out her favorite colors at the time (pink and blue) and I think this is the only quilt that I tied together instead of quilting. It may also be the last time I tried tying a quilt! The women at the fabric store I where I worked were impressed that I hand-sewed the binding to the quilt instead of machine- sewing it, but I felt I had more control sewing it by hand.
   I apologize for the quality of the photo- I took the picture from the railing of my loft to the quilt on the living room floor, probably with a regular film camera with auto-focus  .

No comments:

Post a Comment